Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Mohair's Diary : Unlimited Dancing Abilities!!


I have witnessed a fabulous dance performance by physically disabled youngsters.
I couldn't believe my eyes about what I saw. There was a programme by Ability Unlimited Foundation,Delhi at Delhi Karnataka Sangha Auditorium on this weekend.
The programme started off with a Sufi Dance performance on wheelchairs.
I couldn't believe that something like Sufi dance can be done on wheel chairs.
The second performance was Purulia style Natya which was also performed on wheelchairs.
Third performance was Thillana which was also on wheels but some girls who were dancing along them were deaf and dumb,but still no one could make that out as they haven't missed a single beat of music which was unbelievable.
The fourth one was Talent Show which included dance on wheels as well as Bharatnatyam and it was about Devi Mahishasura Mardini.
The fifth one was Thantra which is the form of Marshal Arts of Manipur.
The childrens performing this act had real swords from which they fought.
The swords even sparked during the fights,which was unbelievably perdormed on wheelchairs.
It was just mesmerising and breath taking performance.
The sixth one was Yoga performed on wheels and they also showed Aasanas which sometimes a normal human can't do.
But they performed with such an ease that I just can't explain.
The seventh one was a dancing act on Geeta Updesha where a wheel chair was decorated as Ratha which was just unimaginable and Lord Krishna gave Arjuna updesha on right deeds and wrong deeds and its result.
Till I saw this,  it was unimaginable for me that a wheelchair is representing a Ratha.
The last performance was on the famous track by A. R. Rehman, Maa Tujhe Salam........and you won't beleive at the end the whole audience gave the participants a standing ovation which was first time.
For me, it was one of the best programmes ever I have seen.

Mohair Shetty Kodavoor  

1 comment: